Award winners clear as glass
By Canadian Packaging StaffGeneral 2011 Clear Choice Awards award winning glass packaging Glass Packaging Institute GPI PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2011
The Glass Packaging Institute has revealed the winners of its 2011 Clear Choice Awards for package design innovation.
The Glass Packaging Institute (GPI)—a trade association representing the North American glass container industry—has announced the winners of its 2011 Clear Choice Awards.
Sponsored by GPI since 1989, the Clear Choice Awards honor consumer product goods (CPG) manufacturers who expand the frontiers of glass packaging design by using glass containers in innovative ways.
This year’s awards recognize 10 consumer product goods (CPG) companies and their achievements in expanding the frontiers of glass packaging design in the following categories: beer, wine, food, carbonated beverage, non-carbonated beverage, organic food or beverage, distilled spirits, flavored alcoholic beverage (FAB), cosmetics or fragrances and conversion recognition (products that have been converted to glass packaging from other forms of packaging).
Submissions for the 2011 Clear Choice Awards were judged on innovation (in container form and product category), package design (including container, label, and closure), and shelf impact.
The 2011 Clear Choice Awards winners are:
- Beer Category – Boulevard Brewing Co. for Tank No. 7 Farmhouse Ale;
- Wine Category – Jackson Family Wines for Freemark Abbey 125th Anniversary Blend;
- Food Category – Kensington & Sons LLC for Sir Kensington’s Gourmet Scooping Ketchup;
- Carbonated Beverage Category – H-E-B for H-E-B Dr. B;
- Non-Carbonated Beverage Category – Kyäni, Inc. for Kyäni Sunrise;
- Organic Food or Beverage Category – TruBee Honey for TruBee Honey;
- Distilled Spirits Category – Finlandia Vodka Worldwide Ltd. for Finlandia Vodka;
- Flavored Alcoholic Beverage Category – American Vintage Beverage Co. for Calypso Bay Spritz;
- Cosmetics or Fragrances Category – Oscar de la Renta for Espirit D’Oscar;
- Conversion Recognition – Traders Point Creamery for Traders Point Creamery Cottage Cheese.
“These winning package designs demonstrate that glass continues to be the ‘clear choice’ for consumers who want a package that complements today’s healthy and environmentally-conscious lifestyles,” says Lynn Bragg, president of GPI. “Additionally, nothing communicates purity, quality and value to consumers like a well-designed glass package.”
All 2011 Clear Choice Awards winners will receive an award and benefit from industry-wide recognition and brand building media coverage and winning products will be displayed at PACK EXPO 2011 in Las Vegas, September 26 -28, 2011.
In addition, the winner of this year’s Clear Choice Awards‘ People’s Choice will be announced at PACK EXPO 2011. Votes for this year’s nominees can be cast at www.Facebook.com/ChooseGlass through September 23, 2011.
Photos and additional details on the winners can be found at www.gpi.org/clear-choice-awards/.