Insights into the Future of Packaging Automation
March 7, 2023 at
Listen to Tom Egan, VP Industry Services of the Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute as he reveals the findings from the brand-new landmark PMMI Business Intelligence Study on The Future of Packaging Automation.
Following Tom’s presentation will be a stimulating discussion amongst panelists with engineering qualifications from FESTO, Belmont Meats, Syntegon Packaging Machinery, Biscuits Leclerc, and other stakeholders amongst packaging automation suppliers and users.
Topics of discussion:
- CPGs are talking about the IIoT process. It seems to need much more definition. What does each CPG say about their journey?
- With more production automation and a workforce shortage, who will be tasked with maintaining and servicing the equipment at the CPG facility?
- What is your current comfort level with remote access for immediate troubleshooting?
- How about comfort level with remote monitoring by the OEMs to assist in identifying emerging issues before they stop the line?
- Have the internal approval rates of return changed for automation projects. That is, if approval normally needs a 24 month return, has this been changed to reflect workforce shortage?
- For machine design, OEMs can go very flexible and sophisticated or much more basic. Which do the CPGs prefer and why?
- What is the current degree of use of cobots in your business today? What are the plans?
- How can CPGs leverage existing automation technologies to improve their sustainability performance through optimized machine design and lower utilities; switch to other materials with the same equipment; and enable production of different packaging formats on that equipment to permit Loop-type reuse, among other things?
Frequently Asked Questions About Insights into the Future of Packaging Automation
When & Where?Insights into the Future of Packaging Automation will take place virtually via Zoom Webinar on March 7, 2023 at 11:00am ET.
There will be a 15 minute break between live sessions.
Why Virtual?The safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, and community is our number one priority. By making this event an online experience, it eliminates the need for attendees and sponsors to travel in-person, while enabling them to still benefit from the event content.
What’s Included?Your registration provides you with access to watch the virtual keynote, all live sessions, and on-demand recorded content and product demonstrations.
How do I access?We will email you an access link to the virtual event the morning of March 7, 2023.
If you don’t see an access link in your email inbox, please check your junk folder. If you are still unable to locate the email, contact Tara Jacobs.