PMMI adds 22 new members
Trade association adds to its membership companies involved in the manufacture of packaging, processing and related converting machinery, commercially-available packaging machinery components, containers and materials in the U.S. and Canada.
April 18, 2011
by Canadian Packaging Staff
The Packaging Machinery Manufacturer’s Institute‘s (PMMI‘s) Board of Directors has added 22 new companies to its membership roster.
The Spring 2011 class adds to all four membership types: four processing members; nine general members; three materials members, and; six supplier members.
“PMMI members are the leading companies in packaging and processing. The continued strength of the PMMI membership, particularly in the recently created processing category, is a testament to the value PMMI provides,” states Charles D. Yuska, PMMI president and chief executive officer. “These companies join because being a member furthers their market positions with access to business intelligence, networking opportunities and resources that can strengthen a business.”
Applications for membership in all categories are online at PMMI.org. Interested companies can contact Tom Egan, PMMI’s vice-president of industry services at 703-243-8555 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- ALLIEDFLEX Technologies, Inc. (Sarasota, Fla.) builds machines for manufacturing stand-up pouches.
- Boss Packaging Inc. (Calgary, AB) manufactures bagging machinery.
- GEA Process Engineering, Inc. (Hudson, Wis.) manufactures conveyors, and filling and drying equipment.
- Haver Filling Systems, Inc. (Conyers, Ga.) manufactures bag-filling machinery.
- M-Tek Inc. (Elgin, Ill.) manufactures modified-atmosphere packaging systems.
- Orientech Automation Solutions Inc. (Lachute, Que.) manufactures a variety of automation and feeding equipment.
- Pineberry Manufacturing (Oakville, Ont., Canada) manufactures friction feeders and collating systems.
- REB/Quality Cup (Menomonie, Wis.) manufactures filling and conveying machinery.
- Rethceif Packaging (Ossian, Ind.) manufactures form/fill/seal machinery.
- c3controls (Beaver, Pa.) produces sensors and control components.
- Eaton Corporation (Moon Township, Pa.) manufactures machine control software and control and safety components.
- Enfield Technologies (Trumbull, Conn.) manufactures control, motion and safety components for the packaging industry.
- Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. (Vernon Hills, Ill.) manufactures control systems for the packaging industry.
- Schmersal Inc. (Tarrytown, NY) produces software, safety components and sensors.
- Testing Machines Inc. (New Castle, Del.) produces material testing equipment.
- Adhesive Products Inc. (Albany, CA) manufactures many types of glues, adhesives, and coatings for packaging.
- Celplast Metallized Products Limited (Toronto, Ont.) manufactures various films for the packaging industry.
- Ultra Flex Packaging Corp (Brooklyn, NY) manufactures films, pouches and paperboard for the packaging industry.
- BEST Sorting (Englewood, Col.) manufactures grading systems for food products.
- Probat Burns Inc. (Vernon Hills, Ill.) produces machinery and components for coffee processing.
- Urschel Laboratories, Inc. (Valparaiso, Ind.) manufacturers food cutting equipment.
- Walker Engineered Products (New Lisbon, Wis.) manufacturers a broad range of storing, mixing and blending vessels.
PMMI is a trade association with more than 560 member companies that manufacture packaging, processing and related converting machinery, commercially-available packaging machinery components, containers and materials in the United States and Canada. PMMI’s vision is to be the leading global resource for packaging, and its mission is to improve and promote members’ abilities to meet the needs of their customers.
PMMI organizes the PACK EXPO trade shows: PACK EXPO International, PACK EXPO Las Vegas and EXPO PACK México, connecting packaging and processing equipment and materials suppliers with their customers around the world. Coming in 2010: EXPO PACK México in Mexico City, June 22–25, and PACK EXPO International, Oct. 31–Nov. 3, at Chicago’s McCormick Place. PACK EXPO Las Vegas returns to the Las Vegas Convention Center Sept. 26–28, 2011.