Innovation at the forefront of UK’s largest packaging show
By Canadian Packaging staffGeneral Accrotrend Advanced Dynamics AG/CAD API Group Automated Packaging Systems Colpac Dantex Group Delipac Empack 2018 Envases Group Falconer Print and Packaging Graficas Salaet Graphic Packaging International Greenearth Food Packaging James Cropper Jenton International Kotkamillis Label&Print 2018 Lageen Tubes New Vision Packaging Nth Degree OAL packaging innovations Packaging Innovations 2018 Pregis Rapid Action RPC M&H Plastics Schur Flexibles Sirane Group Yorkshire Packaging Systems
Check out who launching what at the Packaging Innovations 2018, Empack 2018 and Label&Print 2018 trade shows.
Innovation will take center stage when the UK’s largest packaging event the co0lated triple event Packaging Innovations 2018, Empack 2018 and Label&Print 2018, returns to the NEC February 28 – March 1, 2018. In its most innovative show to date, visitors will be able to discover the latest cutting-edge products and new industry developments, alongside more sustainable packaging than ever before.
- Colpac will be launching its brand new ovenable, Cookpac range, created in response to growing calls to reduce unnecessary packaging;
- Pregis will unveil its range of innovative new, ‘green’ packaging solutions, under its Easypack brand;
- Graphic Packaging International will launch Integraflex, its recyclable concept that incorporates the best features of a folding carton and flexible packaging;
- RPC M&H Plastics will showcase its ‘green’ plastic flexible Sugar Cane Tubes, which are 100 percent recyclable;
- Lageen Tubes will be showcasing its new digital decoration technology, offering freedom for tube design;
- Jenton International will be revealing bandint 340, its new banding system suitable for products up to 340mm wide;
- James Cropper will display its COLOURFORM packaging, which is made from 100 percent renewable natural wood fibers;
- Automated Packaging Systems will launch its new AirPouch delivery system;
- Falconer Print and Packaging will showcase its new designs for the drink and luxury packaging markets;
- Rapid Action will present the first hermetically sealed carton food tray, the Modified Atmosphere (MA) RapTray, extending shelf life and maintains product freshness;
- Schur Flexibles will highlight its SuperThin Laminates range, which use up to 30 percent less packaging material per kilogram and increases its sustainability;
- Accrotrend will be offering visitors to its stand the chance to win a Formula One Driving Experience, by competing in its interactive on-stand game ‘Pack Stop’;
- Sirane Group will display its Bag of Ideas, a steam-cooking bag, featuring two or more compartments that can be filled and sealed independently;
- Greenearth Food Packaging will showcase its brand-new range of oven-proof, biodegradable ready meal containers made from paper pulp;
- Kotkamillis will show its AEGLE range of folding boxboards and its ISLA range of food service boards for disposable cups and plates;
- OAL will introduce APRIL EYE, its intelligent date code verification system, which is set to cut out food waste in the supply chain;
- Paper and cardboard packaging manufacturers, Graficas Salaet, will launch its new Black Pizza Plate and Step and Twist Tulip Cups;
- AG/CAD will present the DYSS X5 digital cutter and sheet feeder, featuring the latest K-CUT Vision software;
- Dantex Group will be introducing its PicoJet digital UV inkjet press;
- Nth Degree will be showcasing its new TruPack range—the complete solution for creating color accurate samples, mock-ups and prototypes;
- Envases Group will showcase its aluminum aerosol cans, screw neck bottles and shaped and debossed cans;
- Yorkshire Packaging Systems will present its Bollore display polyolefins, including the world’s first bio-degradable shrink film;
- Advanced Dynamics will introduce a range of new systems, including an advanced PRO range;
- Delipac will be presenting its fully sustainable barrier packaging board, engineered to replace polyethylene/plastic laminated barrier packaging;
- Brand empowerment specialist, API Group will be unveiling its 2018/19 Trends, outlining the upcoming creative packaging themes for the year ahead;
- New Vision Packaging will be demonstrating its range of printing techniques via a promotional chocolate box that will be gifted to all visitors of the stand.
James Drake-Brockman, divisional director of Easyfairs’ Packaging Portfolio, concludes: “With the recent changes in legislation and consumer attitudes towards packaging, the industry is having to be more creative and innovative than ever before. This is why we are thrilled to see so many of our suppliers choosing to launch their new developments live at the show. Visitors attend the show year-on-year to discover the latest innovations, and with over 100 launches taking place, this year is set to be our biggest and best yet.
“Those looking for inspiration will also have the opportunity to get hands-on with the 10 most exciting exhibitor products, as well as a selection of new technologies from non-exhibiting brands, in the new Innovation Zone. We can’t wait for the doors to finally open on February 28, and hear that familiar buzz of a busy Packaging Innovations show. It really is not to be missed!”
For further information about the Packaging Innovations 2018, Empack 2018 and Label&Print 2018 trade shows, visit www.easyfairs.com/PIUK.