- BEUMER Group, an international manufacturing leader in conveying, loading, palletizing, packaging, sortation and distribution technology, celebrated its 80th anniversary on December 9, 2015. The family-owned German company continues to grow providing its innovative system solutions worldwide.
- Toyo Ink SC Holdings Co., Ltd. has signed a share purchase agreement with Yasar Holding Anonim Sirketi—located in Izmir, Turkey—to acquire 75 per cent of outstanding shares of its subsidiary company, the Turkey-based ink company DYO Matbaa Mürekkepleri Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi (DYO Printing Inks).
- Avon Products, Inc., a leading global beauty company, and Cerberus Capital Management, a New York-based private investment firm that specializes in improving operating performance and building long-term value of the businesses in which it invests, announced they have signed definitive agreements to drive enhanced focus on Avon’s international markets, revitalize Avon’s North American business, and deliver long-term value to Avon shareholders. The partnership includes a $605 million equity investment by affiliates of Cerberus. As well, Avon North America will be separated from Avon Products into a privately-held company majority-owned and managed by Cerberus.
- Univar, a global chemical distributor and provider of value-added services, has expanded its long-standing European distribution agreement for The Dow Chemical Company‘s Amerchol personal care ingredients to include France. Univar France is now marketing and selling the full range of Dow’s legacy Amerchol personal care specialty ingredients in the country.
- Menasha Packaging Company, LLC of Neenha, Wisconsin has added new equipment to its Canadian operations (Menasha Packaging Canada L.P.) in order to maximize production efficiencies, increase capacity and support its integrated merchandising solutions across North America. The new equipment includes a large-format flatbed die cutter and litho labeler/laminator, which are both used for packaging and merchandising orders. In addition, Menasha has relocated a custom gluing machine to Canada from one of its U.S. facilities.
- Anheuser-Busch launches Best Damn Brewing Co., a brand platform featuring Best Damn Root Beer, released nationally and the first ever hard root beer produced by the beer giant. It’s a full-flavored, well-balanced take on a favorite classic taste, aged on real vanilla beans during the brewing process.
- Ardagh Group, Glass – North America, a division of Ardagh Group and a leading producer of glass containers for the food and beverage industries in the U.S. has debuted its 1.5L Bordeaux wine bottle, compliant with the Liquor Control Board of Ontario‘s (LCBO) new lightweight glass strategy for wine products. In advance of the revised LCBO standards, effective April 1, 2016, Ardagh Group is already manufacturing the new 1.5L Bordeaux bottle, which weighs in at a mere 670 grams (24 ounces).
Image from http://www.istockphoto.com/