Emerson says GO Switch
By Canadian Packaging staffAutomation Controls/Drives Emerson Electric Canada Ltd. Emerson Electric Co. proximity sensors Topworx GO Switch Model 52M sensor
New GO Switch 52M Proximity Sensor from Emerson is ideal for harsh and challenging industrial environments.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky—Emerson Electric Co. has introduced its Topworx GO Switch Model 52M—a 12 mm proximity sensor designed specifically for applications in outdoor and challenging industrial environments.
The new sensor is well-suited for material handling, mobile equipment, industrial equipment, and food and beverage processing applications.
“The GO Switch 52M is highly durable, does not require power, and operates across a wide temperature range,” says GO Switch senior product manager Emill Melliz.
“Our proximity sensor is ideal for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) desiring reduced maintenance and fewer equipment breakdowns. The GO Switch provides a much more rugged alternative to the inductive proximity sensor and is far more reliable than a reed switch,” Melliz states.
The Model 52M incorporates the GO Switch’s unique dry contact proximity sensor technology that uses magnets to control a set of contacts.
This technology’s durability and reliability have been proven in over 60 years of service in the process industries. Its advantages include:
- No power requirement – provides application flexibility;
- High reliability – tested to five million cycles at full-rated load;
- Broad temperature range (-40°C to 100°C) – allows use across multiple applications;
- Simple contact arrangement – enables highly flexible wiring schemes
- Polarity insensitivity – eliminates need to specify NPN or PNP products;
- Weld-field immunity – for large magnet field applications;
- High and low current compatibility (5 mA to 2 A @ 24 VDC) – permits use with PLCs (programmable logic controllers) and relay-based control systems.
“The GO Switch 52M gives the end user greater flexibility in monitoring different types of equipment. One sensor can be used for a variety of applications, reducing part numbers and inventory,” says Melliz. “For OEMs, the GO Switch simplifies design complexity and eliminates the cost of work-around components.”
The new proximity sensor is backed by Emerson’s global support network. It is available for purchase from sales representatives and distributors.
For more information, contact 1-800-867-9679 (or 1-502-969-8000, if outside of the US), or via e-mail at info.TopWorx@Emerson.com, or visit www.emerson.com.
Print this page