Cheese-packaging market to surpass US$5 billion mark by 2029
March 18, 2020
by Future Market Insights
Processed cheese in on-the-go and fast-food categories drive demand: FMI
Demand for cheese packaging is set to account for a market value of over US$5 Bn towards the end of 2029. Majorly driven by the fast food sector and on-the-go food products manufacturers, demand for processed cheese continues to be on an upward trend. This would remain a prominent booster to the growth of cheese packaging market in the following years. Protective packaging solutions designed for cheese and cheese products play a critical role in preventing moisture loss and oxygen transmission from packaged products. This attribute continues to establish a strong ground for the expansion of cheese packaging market, suggests a new market intelligence study.
Key Takeaways of Cheese Packaging Market Study
- Pouches continue to hold a maximum market share; demand for small-sized pouches would be prominent for cheese slices and liquid cheese products.
- Plastics would discover a substantial incremental revenue opportunity by the end of 2029, owing to superior barrier and space-efficient attributes.
- A majority of demand for cheese packaging is concentrated at modern trade channels such as hypermarkets and supermarkets.
- European countries continue to hold a lion’s share in global cheese packaging market.
- China, India, and Japan are emerging highly lucrative, on the back of progressing market outlook of ready-to-eat products.
Cheese packaging market players should best leverage the remunerative growth potential of eco-friendly material options. Capacity expansion and development of cost-effective cheese packaging technologies would help them discover significant profits across the value chain.
Cheese Packaging Market Landscape
The global cheese packaging market is highly competitive, where local and unorganized players are leveraging significant growth opportunities. Some of the key players in cheese packaging market include Amcor Plc, Winpak, Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Berry Global Inc., RPC Group Plc, Mondi Group, Sonoco Product Company, SCHUR Flexibles, Sealed Air Company, SKOPOS SA, and others. Companies are focusing on product innovation and acquisitions with an aim to increase their global presence and customer base in the global cheese packaging market.
- In February 2019, Amcor Limited introduced Genesis, an all polyethylene laminate with the look and feel of traditionally oriented polyethylene or oriented polyester. This product is suitable for use in medical, food, homecare, personal care, and other industries. The company also acquired Bemis Company Inc., which is one of the leading players in the cheese packaging market.
- In 2019, RPC Group acquired PLASgraam, a leading recycling specialist in the U.K.
- In 2018, Berry Global Inc., acquired Laddawn, Inc. with an investment of US$ 242 Mn and Clopay Plastic Products Company, Inc. with an investment of US$ 475 Mn. In 2017, Berry Global Inc. acquired Adchem Corp and AEP Industries Inc. with an investment of US$ 791 Mn. The acquired company manufactures flexible packaging products from polyethylene and PVC.
These insights are based on a report on Cheese Packaging Market by Future Market Insights.