Caito Foods receives first place manufacturing innovation award
Companies honored for innovation in packaging and processing operations.
May 10, 2017
by Canadian Packaging staff
RESTON, Va.—Caito Foods received first place at the awards presentation held on April 5, 2017 during ProFood Tech in Chicago.
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies is pleased to recognize outstanding food and beverage packaging and processing innovation projects via the first annual Manufacturing Innovation Awards competition.
The awards recognize food and beverage manufacturing companies, including pet food manufacturers, for projects that display a high level of advancement in packaging and processing operations. Projects completed in the past 18 months were eligible to compete and entries were based on single plant location.
- First Place: Caito Foods – Indianapolis, Indiana;
- Second Place: Castellini Group of Companies – Elmwood, Georgia;
- Third Place: Morada Nut Company – Stockton, California.
The award-winning companies were judged, based on the following criteria:
- High level of technology advancement in packaging and processing machinery;
- Level of automation, software and controls;
- New-to-the-industry use of technology;
- Major efficiency and cost savings;
- Major line changeover, flexible manufacturing, food safety, sustainability and maintenance improvement achievements;
- Exceptional worker recruitment and engagement programs; employee welfare programs;
- Outstanding use of tools/methods such as OEE (original equipment manufacturer), lean manufacturing and TCO (total cost of ownership).
Types of projects eligible for the award:
- Major plant expansion;
- Major plant renovation;
- Greenfield facility;
- Brownfield facility;
- Major line expansion incorporating ground-breaking technology;
- Major plant automation upgrades;
- Major plant food safety upgrades;
- Major plant sustainability upgrades;
- Overall plant efficiency upgrades.
“We are proud to honor these companies and their dedication to innovation,” says ProFood World editor-in-chief Joyce Fassl adding that information about first-place winner Caito Foods can be found in the May edition of ProFood World, and on www.ProFoodWorld.com in the coming weeks.
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, represents more than 800 North American manufacturers and suppliers of equipment, components and materials as well as providers of related equipment and services to the packaging and processing industry. It works to advance a variety of industries by connecting consumer goods companies with manufacturing solutions through the world-class PACK EXPO portfolio of trade shows, leading trade media and a wide range of resources to empower our members. The PACK EXPO trade shows unite the world of packaging and processing to advance the industries they serve: PACK EXPO International, PACK EXPO Las Vegas, Healthcare Packaging EXPO, PACK EXPO East, EXPO PACK México, EXPO PACK Guadalajara and ProFood Tech. Learn more at www.PMMI.org and www.Packexpo.com and www.PMMIMediaGroup.com.
Image purchased via www.thinkstock.com.