Toronto public information session on the final rules under the U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act
Everything you need to know session sponsored by the CFIA, Agri-Food Canada and NSF-GFTC.
April 26, 2016
by Canadian Packaging staff
In collaboration with CFIA, Agri-Food Canada and NSF-GFTC, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is pleased to invite you to a public informational session on the U.S. Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA) on May 10, 2016 at the Pearson Convention Centre in Brampton, Ontario.
At this meeting, Dr. Stephen Ostroff, the incoming FDA Deputy Commissioner for Foods and Veterinary Medicine, and other FDA officials will provide an overview and update on the implementation of the FSMA final rules.
The following topics will be covered:
- Canada’s food safety modernization efforts;
- FDA overview and perspective;
- Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule and Animal Food Rule;
- Foreign Supplier Verification Program Rule and Voluntary Qualified Importer Program;
- Produce Safety Rule and Sanitary Transportation Rule;
- Third Party Accreditation Rule;
- Implementation and Overview of International Adulteration Rule;
- International Communication Engagement for FSMA
These sessions will include question and answer periods.
Information on FSMA, including these topics, is available by clicking HERE.
Due to the anticipated high participation for this event, registration is limited to two representatives per organization. Your consideration is appreciated.
There is no registration fee.
May 10, 2016
8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Pearson Convention Centre, Brampton, ON
For more information, contact the NSF-GFTC at www.gftc.ca.