Smurfit Kappa raking in the accolades
Nifty designs bring home five WorldStar Awards for Smurfit Kappa.
January 19, 2017
by Canadian Packaging staff
In recognition of its cutting-edge and sustainable packaging solutions in categories including electronics, transit and food and drink, Smurfit Kappa has won five 2017 WorldStar Awards, one of the world’s most prestigious packaging honors.
This year’s awards demonstrate the breadth of innovation across Smurfit Kappa’s EMEA network and are comprised of winners from Poland, the Czech Republic, Austria and Denmark.
Smurfit Kappa vice-president of innovation and development Arco Berkenbosch comments: “We are delighted and honored to have won five WorldStar Awards. These are a tribute to our customers and our world-class designers who are passionate about delivering innovative packaging solutions each and every day.”
The winning designs were:
- From Poland, a consumer-friendly Ice Box which allows fast and easy opening and long-lasting freshness. The product is attractive, eco-friendly and designed for easy transport.
- Another Polish winner was the SoFruBox which keeps fruit fresh and unspoilt during transportation thanks to its fusion of function, design and sustainability.
- From the Czech Republic, a Levitating Player protects high-quality audio electronics with its unique “levitating” packaging design.
- From Denmark, transportation packaging for bended aluminum sheets was awarded for its new design which reduces raw material, as well as increasing the number of pallets that can be transported at any one time.
- And finally, Austria’s Flexible Book Packaging was honored for its ability to protect items during transportation, reducing damage and resulting in less CO2 emissions due to fewer returns.
In judging the awards, the World Packaging Organisation reviewed 291 entries from 35 countries. Smurfit Kappa will be formally honored at an awards presentation in May.
Company information available at www.smurfitkappa.com.