Think ink and save
By Canadian Packaging StaffGeneral Dispenser Program GFI Innovations Ink dispensing MX12 Sun Chemical
Sun Chemical has created a new three-year Dispenser Program that offers commercial printers a simple way to save money.
Sun Chemical has created a new four-year Dispenser Program that offers commercial printers a simple way to save money.
By utilizing a Sun Chemical-installed GFI Innovation Inc.‘s MX12 advanced ink dispensing system (see photo above), the commercial printer is provided with the ability to mix only what is needed when it is needed.
End results include decreased costs, elimination of excess inventory and greater operational efficiency for the printer.
With the on-demand ink mixing, there is no waiting for ink to be delivered, giving the printer better control of production while also providing a faster job turnaround.
As well, with the MX12‘s mixing accuracy calibrated to 0.001 kg, there is significant improvement in batch to batch variation, with the result being an improved color consistency for the customer.
The automatic spot color dispensing process means ease of use, increased speed and accuracy, minimized prep time, ink mixing and clean-up time, and improved scheduling flexibility.
Joining the program gets your company:
- SunLit conventional commercial sheetfed bases;
- Access to 100,000+ colors in the Sun Chemical SmartColour Global Shade Library (GSL);
- GFI Mx12 dispensing system dispenses to an accuracy of +/- .001 lbs;
- GFI MxM-1 blade mixer;
- 8-lb spot color ink cartridges with 18 positions on-board;
- Integrated label printer & widescreen monitor;
- One-on-one training available by request (fee required);
- Scheduled hands-on classes (fee required);
- Web, video, and online training;
- Unlimited ongoing support;
- Continuous service warranty on equipment.
Sun Chemical is the world’s largest producer of printing inks and pigments and a leading provider of materials to packaging, publication, coatings, plastics, cosmetics, and other industrial markets including electronic materials, functional and specialty coatings, brand protection and product authentication technologies.
For more information, visit www.sunchemical.com.