Sentinel Multiscan enables users to identify contaminants that are up to 70 per cent smaller in volume than other prior technologies
August 21, 2019
The new Sentinel Multiscan metal detector from Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. utilizes innovative new multiscanning technology to overcome the limitation of fixed single- or dual-frequency metal detectors that can miss metal contaminants hidden in product signals by being able to scan a combination of up to five user-selectable frequencies from 50 to 1,000 kHz.
Available in Canada through MD Packaging Inc., Sentinel Multiscan enables users to identify contaminants—including iron, stainless steel, brass or aluminum—that are up to 70 per cent smaller in volume than other prior technologies, thereby reducing the probability of an escape to near zero. Essentially providing five metal detectors in one unit, the Sentinel detector lets end-users utilize its step-by-step wizard to set up their products—including wet, salty or high mineral content products—and test any and all the types of contaminants, thereby taking the guesswork out of optimizing the application.
Other notable value-added features include:
- Easy-to-use touchscreen with set-up wizards to reduce set-up time;
- Detailed graphical displays for phase, rejects, quality test, and detection thresholds to enable easy fine-tuning and troubleshooting;
- Optimal protection with IP69K rating for severe washdown and dust, along with heavy-duty flip-up polycarbonate control panel cover for extra protection;
- Wide ambient temperature range for superior reliability;
- Welded field compression flanges to reduce metal-free zone in limitedspace applications;
- High-temperature PVDF liners for hot products;
- LED alarm/fault lights and horn;
- Remote control panel mounting with an optional tilt feature.