Rexroth automation technologies for food and packaging industries in new brochure series
By Canadian Packaging StaffGeneral automation technology beverage industry Bosch Rexroth AG Bosch Rexroth Canada end-of-line solutions food processing packaging industry primary packaging secondary packaging
New brochures explain how the combination of Rexroth automation technologies can increases productivity and energy efficiency while lowering cost of ownership in confectionary, dry food, beverage and liquid food applications.
Just what the doctor ordered!
A new set of full-color brochures from Bosch Rexroth gives an overview of the company’s automation technology for the food processing, beverage and packaging industry, from product manufacturing to primary and secondary packaging and end-of-line solutions.
The three separate brochures, available at the company’s website, detail how Rexroth electric drives and control, linear motion, hydraulics, pneumatics and assembly technologies can be integrated throughout a processing and packaging line.
Solutions for the Food and Packaging Industries
The Solutions for the Food and Packaging Industries brochure describes how Rexroth integrated technologies—from individual components to complete system solutions—can overcome engineering challenges in food and packaging automation.
The brochure covers multiple technologies that can be integrated anywhere in the manufacturing process, including:
▪ Energy efficient components that reduce power consumption and quickly cut costs;
▪ Intelligent drives and innovative control functions that increase productivity by reducing product changeover times;
▪ Open software and communication standards that allow flexible integration of production lines;
▪ Optimized drive technologies for all aspects of manufacturing, from primary and secondary packaging to end-of-line solutions;
▪ Specially designed components that can handle food processing hygienic requirements, including frequent cleaning cycles with high pressure, hot temperatures and aggressive detergents;
▪ Predefined functionalities for PLC (programmable logic controllers), motion and robotics covering all automation tasks across the entire machine spectrum.
Solutions for Confectionary and Dry Food
The Solutions for Confectionary and Dry Food brochure shows how Rexroth integrated technologies help improve productivity in food processing, primary packaging, secondary packaging and final packing of confectionary and dry food —including manufacturing and portioning machines; thermoform filling and sealing machines; flow-wrapping equipment; pickers and robots; cartoning machines and case packers; and transport and palletizing machines.
The brochure describes components and system solutions that can be integrated in various aspects of the manufacturing process, such as:
▪ Reliable automation components that improve overall equipment efficiency, reduce changeover times and prevent unplanned downtime;
▪ Software with open programming languages and internationally accepted communication standards, ensuring flexibility and simplicity;
▪ Intelligent servo drives that replace mechanical components;
▪ Components that come into direct contact with food that fulfill the highest demands for material selection and for cleanability;
▪ Components that help lower energy consumption and improve energy recovery;
▪ Intelligent safety concepts built into the control system;
Solutions for Beverages and Liquid Food
The Solutions for Beverages and Liquid Food brochure focuses on how Rexroth integrated technologies help improve productivity of various machinery in the beverage and liquid food industry, from blow-molding and filling machines to transport, labeling, packaging and palletizing machines.
The brochure describes components and system solutions that can be integrated in various aspects of the manufacturing process, including:
▪ Improving productivity with minimum cycle times for filling, closing, labeling and applying outer packaging;
▪ Automation products with open communication standards and programming languages that result in greater efficiency, availability and simplicity of use;
▪ Versatile system designs that can quickly accommodate fast change of product, quantity and size and increasing or decreasing demand;
▪ Filling solutions that adhere to the highest sanitary and hygiene standards, even aseptic processes;
▪ Energy-efficient products such as efficiency-optimized drive solutions, intelligent closed-loop control systems and energy recovery;
▪ Safety technology that allows manual intervention into individual stations without the need to shut down the entire system or machine.
The three brochures are intended for anyone who’s involved in building, engineering or adapting automation technology in a food manufacturing or processing facility.
Bosch Rexroth Canada is the Canadian subsidiary of Bosch Rexroth AG, one of the world’s leading specialists in the field of drive and control technologies. Under the brand name of Rexroth the company supplies more than 500,000 customers with tailored solutions for driving, controlling and moving. Bosch Rexroth is a partner for industrial applications and factory automation, mobile applications and using renewable energies. As ‘The Drive & Control Company‘, Bosch Rexroth develops, produces and sells components and systems in more than 80 countries.
More information on the company is available at: www.boschrexroth.com.