New robotic open-mouth bagger from Premier Tech
Latest addition to the food industry is the PTR-1030 launched at Pack Expo 2012.
November 26, 2012
by Canadian Packaging Staff
Premier Tech’s Industrial Equipment Group, established in 1989, has released it latest offering for the food industry: the PTR-1030 Series open-mouth robotic bagging machine. The IEG provides customized packaging, material handling and bulk processing solutions for a wide range of materials.
According to sales manager Greg Vander Vorste, the PTR-1030, which has been launched at the Pack Expo trade show in Chicago on October 28-31, 2012 adapts to applications that require multiple bag materials, bag sizes, and bag closing devices.
“It is designed for bagging dry free-flowing materials such as pet food, feed, grain, rice and seeds when bag changeovers are frequent and need to be fast,” he explains.
This automatic bagging system uses two FANUC robots: one vision-equipped robot for empty bag placing and one robot for transferring full bags for bag closing. The PTR-1030 can fill either gusseted or pillow-type open-mouth bags and can handle paper, PE, laminated and porous woven poly bags ranging in size from 11 to 24 inches in width and 18 to 40 inches in length.
“This robotic bagging system has the most precise bag control with the highest reliability of any system available,” Vander Vorste claims.
- production rate of 18 BPM;
- two FANUC robots for speed, precision and reliability;
- fast bag size changeover; as quick as one minute;
- all parts in direct contact with the product are made of 304 stainless steel;
- bag-on-spout detection system prevents product spillage;
- small footprint for floor space optimization;
- compact design with factory wired modules, allows faster installation and cost savings;
- compatible with all bag closing systems.
For more information, visit www.ptchronos.com.