New Indicator Bins From Akro-Mils
Bins offer effective inventory control at a glance.
November 4, 2010
by Canadian Packaging Staff
Akro-Mils, an Akron, OH-based North American leader in storage, organization and transport products, introduces Indicator Bins—an innovative, low-cost alternative to high-end inventory control systems.
The unique design of the Indicator Bin‘s bi-color mold achieves a two-toned bin. Available in two sizes, the Indicator Bin simplifies visual recognition when supplies need to be replenished.
As part of Akro-Mils’ BinTelligence Series, the Indicator Bin allows end-users to stock, pick, flip and replenish. Users stock the bin using the divider to designate volume for the inventory reserve; pick from the blue side of the bin until reaching the divider; flip the bin to the orange reserve to indicate inventory levels are low; and replenish the bin and repeat.
Features of the Indicator Bin include:
- bright orange trigger color used in Lean and 5S initiatives;
- easy organization of supplies and work-in-process;
- orange reserve prevents stock-outs;
- reduces excess inventory;
- double hopper bin can be filled or picked from both sides;
- large label area on both sides;
- rolled ridge provides added strength when filled to maximum capacity;
- works with 14-inch wire shelving, 12-inch steel shelving, and pick rack systems.
Akro-Mils is a Myers Industries, Inc. company and is a leading manufacturer of plastic and metal storage, organization, transport and material handling products for use in industrial, commercial and consumer markets.
For more information or to request a complete catalog, contact Akro-Mils at 1-800-253-2467 or visit www.akro-mils.com.