Komori debuts Lithrone GX44RP one pass two-sided printing press
Komori Corporation has developed the Lithrone GX44 44-inch offset printing press — the ultimate one-pass double-sided printing press that fulfills a wide range of the most demanding requirements.
January 17, 2017
by Canadian Packaging staff
Komori has developed the Lithrone GX44 44-inch offset printing press as the ultimate one-pass double-sided printing press, the latest OffsetOnDemand-compatible double-sided printing press to carry on the brilliant performance of the Lithrone G Series.
The Lithrone GX44RP is a 44-inch H-UV·UV-equipped dedicated double-sided offset printing press, and is designed to deliver high quality, short turnaround, high speed, stability and reduced waste in double-sided printing.
A new system features single-edge gripping and eliminates sheet reversal. Single-edge gripping makes the margin on the tail edge of the sheets — an unavoidable structural requirement of perfectors — completely unnecessary, enabling paper costs to be cut by minimizing the sheet size. Eliminating sheet reversal ensures stable sheet transport that is capable of handling either light or heavy stocks through the use of four double-size transfer cylinders.
Front/back plate imaging is in the same direction, just as with single-sided presses, increasing efficiency in prepress. Thanks to the 44-inch maximum sheet size, it is possible to ensure high quality and high productivity in publication printing (magazines and books) and in duplex package printing.
This machine expands the OffsetOnDemand world by means of cutting-edge short makeready and powderless instant drying to accommodate very small lots and short turnarounds thanks to the KHS-AI*1 integrated start-up control system and the H-UV·UV curing system. Maximum printing speed is 15,000 sheets per hour. Thin sheet specification for commercial printing and cardboard specification for package printing. In addition, this press can be optionally specified with the A-APC Asynchronous Automatic Plate Changer, the PDC-SX Spectral Print Density Control SX Model, and the PQA-S Print Quality Assessment System for Sheetfed to achieve even higher levels of quality and productivity.
The Lithrone GX44RP: leading-edge technologies and know-how to achieve printing automation, standardization and innovation. A powerful platform for the new generation of printing business.
*Can be equipped with one of the following: H-UV•UV *1 KHS-AI: Advanced Interface
- A high-speed, high-quality one-pass double-sided printing press, the Lithrone GX series offers great stability and short makeready time.
- Labor-saving automated systems such as the KHS-AI (Advanced Interface) and benderless Full-APC are standard equipment.
- The configuration of the one-pass double-sided printing press, which does not utilize sheet reversal, contributes to the efficient use of paper because the tail-edge margin required for a perfector is unnecessary.
- Equipped with the newly developed Asynchronous Automatic Plate Changing System (A-APC)* for significantly shorter makeready times. Furthermore, the Lithrone GX44RP is also equipped with the H-UV system*, which enables fast print drying and short turnarounds.
- A wide range of other options such as PDC-SX and PQA-S V5 with various functions (print quality inspection, density control, automatic register adjustment) are available. (* optional specification)
*2 Maximum printing speed is subject to change depending on number of colors and specifications. Ask for details.
Company information available at www.komori.com.