Industry’s first digital corrugated workflow ecosystem boosts productivity and flexibility
HP’s new One Package workflow suite is an ecosystem for digital corrugated printing opportunities.
June 19, 2018
by Canadian Packaging staff
PALO ALTO, Cal.—HP Inc. has announced the delivery of its HP One Package workflow suite for PageWide Industrial corrugated presses, the industry’s first ecosystem for digital corrugated printing.
HP One Package offers software and solutions from HP and partners to help converters maximize the flexibility of digital production.
HP One Package workflow streamlines submission and preparation of orders, allowing converters to take advantage of an array of digital value-added possibilities, including solutions for brands’ consumer engagement and piracy protection using variable data, imagery and unique ID serialization. One Package’s production management and automation software also enhances operational performance and optimizes the supply chain.
The software suite supports a range of industry third-party workflow solutions, including MIS and pre-press, HP’s powerful print servers, color management tools, and PrintOS cloud-based management applications.
HP One Package complements HP’s growing portfolio of corrugated digital presses, including the HP PageWide C500 press (see image above) for post-print and HP PageWide T1190 for pre-print.
“HP is revolutionizing corrugated printing with digital flexibility, offering high-volume productivity, food-safe inks, and now a sophisticated and integrated workflow solution to drive corrugated jobs from order to fulfillment,” says HP Inc. PageWide Industrial division general manager Eric Wiesner. “Whether converters adopt a strategy for digital pre-print or digital post-print, HP One Package provides an integrated set of solutions for end-to-end productivity.”
Integrating digital production into current environment
HP One Package allows converters to unlock the potential of digital print, while integrating HP digital presses into existing production and business workflows. In addition to HP’s own workflow components, HP selects and qualifies partners and integrates these products. HP One Package workflow suite includes:
HP workflow solutions
- High-performance print servers –featuring high RIP power for demanding post-print and pre-print production. HP Production Prime Print Server is provided on the HP PageWide C500 Press, and HP Production Elite Print Server for the HP PageWide T400S and T1100 series presses. Production Elite also supports high-volume, short-run batch processing of multi-lane jobs;
- HP One Package Elite – Automation software for high-volume digital pre-print, providing advanced, on-the-fly layout and corrugator preparation. This software is built upon HP PrintOS Site Flow, HP’s leading cloud-based production management solution;
- HP PrintOS – HP’s open, cloud-based print software platform created for converters to transform the management of IT, production and business, including interaction with brands. HP PrintOS Box simplifies print file receipt, content validation and routing to production. PrintOS Site Flow efficiently manages hundreds of thousands of jobs per day, from web order submission to shipment.;
- HP Packaging Color Studio – Color management tools and services to meet brand color standards and optimize color results in multiple color modes. HP customers may receive training and color management consulting from HP’s workflow partner ColorGATE;
- HP SmartStream Designer, HP Mosaic, and HP SmartStream Composer – Variable data printing (VDP) tools to enable sophisticated, high-value jobs for brands. HP SmartStream Designer and HP Mosaic offer unlimited variable data, imagery, and color for high-value brand campaigns. HP SmartStream Composer provides accelerated composition for high volume applications;
- HP Link Technology – Embedded marks and codes enable tracking and tracing for brand protection, supply chain efficiency and customer engagement. With unique serialized marks, every package or display can have a unique digital identity.
Workflow solutions HP’s One Package partners
HP’s One Package integrates leading workflow solutions from HP’s SmartStream partner ecosystem. Partner solutions now available include ColorGATE, Erhardt+Leimer, Esko, Kiwiplan, PXI Digital (Box It Now), and Witron.
- Packaging design workflow management, file creation and pre-press automation solutions from Esko;
- MIS connectivity – Automated file submission and control. HP offers application program interfaces (APIs) and software development kits (SDKs), in addition to integration with leading vendors, Kiwiplan and WITRON;
- Web2package –a PrintOS-integrated web-to-print portal solution from workflow partner PXI Digital Solutions (Box It Now), enabling converters to reach more end-users, accelerating the design and ordering process;
- Corrugator control – Enabling efficient processing of digital pre-printed rolls with integrated solutions from Erhardt+Leimer.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through its portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, HP engineers experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at www.hp.com.