Balluff Simplifies Analog Device Integration with IO-Link
Canadian PackagingAutomation Converting Controls/Drives Balluff
Having IO-Link onboard enhances diagnostic information available
Balluff’s newest family of single channel, analog interface modules simplify configuration and integration of analog devices by interfacing with IO-Link. Because analog devices are widely used in factory automation controls architectures, these modules can save valuable time and resources.
Balluff is introducing four second-generation, single channel analog-to-IO-Link interface modules used to convert a variety of analog input data such as current, voltage, and RTD/thermocouple measurement to digital equivalent values. And having IO-Link onboard enhances diagnostic information available. The new modules are:
- BNI00C9 – Analog input conversion of input data like current, voltage and RTDs
- BNI00C7 – Analog input for temperature measurement sensors, Type J, Type K, or RTDs
- BNI00C8 – Analog output module with voltage or current output configurations
- BNI00C6 – Universal analog module, configure as either an analog input or analog output.
These modules further simplify installations by eliminating analog in-chassis interface boards and reducing additional analog network blocks. IO-Link lets you replace lengthy shielded cable runs with basic unshielded cables.
Key features include:
- Single channel analog interface modules designed to simplify analog integration
- Extended diagnostics available through IO-Link communication, such as measurement out of range
- 18mm smooth barrel style inline design with IP67 protection rating in stainless steel housing
- Condition monitoring data, such as ambient temperature and operating hours
- User selectable resolution from 10 to 16 bits for digital values