ATI unveils new micro robotic tool changer
By Canadian Packaging StaffGeneral Robotics ATI ATI Industrial Automation micro robotic tool changer QC-001
The new QC-001 micro robotic tool changer provides flexibility for extremely light payloads.
Newly developed by ATI Industrial Automation of Apex, NC, the QC-001 micro robotic tool changer is considered ideal for high-speed “spider” or parallel-link robots enhancing their ability to switch end-effectors automatically.
The new compact and lightweight QC-001 tool changer allows for multiple assembly, dispensing, sorting, and material handling operations to be performed by one robot greatly increasing productivity, while reducing downtime for changeovers.
ATI says its robotic tool changers provide the flexibility to automatically change end-effectors or other peripheral tooling with accuracy and ease.
The tool changers are designed to function reliably for millions of cycles at rated loads while maintaining extremely high repeatability.
As well, a variety of models are available to cover a wide range of applications from very small payloads to extremely heavy payload applications requiring significantly large moment capacity.
QC-001 Micro Tool Changer Details
The QC-001 micro tool changer weighs less than 122 grams (4.3 ounces), handles payloads of up to 1.4 kilograms (3 pounds), and features integrated pneumatic ports and electrical connections.
Additional features include:
- patented Fail-Safe locking mechanism to ensure high-moment capacity and strength;
- a common lock/unlock air supply and a lock/unlock sensing method;
- four M5 pass-through air connections;
- eight 3A/50VAC electrical connections;
- a stack height of only 16.9 mm (0.67 inches);
- No-Touch technology allows up to 1.0 mm (0.04 in) plate separation when locking;
- positional repeatability (X, Y, and Z) tested at a rated load at one million cycles is 0.0102 mm (0.0004 in);
- all locking parts are made of 58 HRC stainless steel and are designed for superior reliability, repeatability, and strength.
ATI Industrial Automation is a leading global engineering-based developer of robotic peripheral equipment, including automatic tool changers, multi-axis force/torque sensing systems, robotic debarring tools, robotic collision sensors, and compliance devices.
Its engineering department, the largest of its kind for a robotic tooling company, is focused on developing cost-effective, state-of-the-art products and solutions that improve robotic productivity.
For more information about the QC-001 micro tool changer and other ATI products, contact the company by phone 919-772-0115, fax 919-772-8259, or visit www.ati-ia.com.