Ain’t no Chicken Little – Harpak-ULMA stretch seal packaging equipment is ideal for poultry products
By Canadian Packaging staffAutomation Food Safety Film G. Mondini Harpak-ULMA Packaging poultry packaging Trave tray sealing equipment
Read about the Stretch Seal packaging capabilities of Harpak-ULMA’s G. Mondini Trave tray sealing equipment.
Harpak-ULMA Packaging, LLC has debuted its new stretch seal packaging equipment, considered ideal for poultry products.
According to Harpak-ULMA, the G. Mondini Trave tray sealing equipment offers a multitude of advantages for poultry processors and packers:
- The film is sealed on the perimeter of the tray and liquid cannot come over the edge and get underneath the tray as happens on current overwrapped foam trays. Wet trays are a major complaint about poultry packaging;
- The material is PET (Polyethylene terephthalate) which is recyclable;
- The tray has a unique textured design that helps contain liquid;
- The package is attractive and has a fresh look;
- The package is unique and has a high-quality look;
- The equipment has high output. The Mondini Trave can run over 100 #3 trays/min compared to the standard 60-65/min most processors achieve;
- Shrink tunnels can be eliminated, therefore less heat and moisture will be generated in the refrigerated rooms;
- The overall footprint is decreased with the elimination of shrink tunnels;
- Ability to overlap flanges may lead to slightly smaller case sizes;
- Thermal transfer printers can be integrated to print dynamic information and UPC codes.
Stretch seal packaging is just one of the many capabilities of the versatile Trave tray sealer. With a quick format change, this machine is also capable of MAP (modified atmosphere packaging), heat seal, skin and vacuum packaging, just to name a few. This allows for more flexibility and value for the processor.
More information on Harpak-ULMA available at www.harpak-ulma.com.