Canadian Packaging

Manitoba pork processor to invest $125 million to expand and modernize

By Canadian Packaging staff   

General Hylife Ltd. pork production in Manitoba

Hylife Ltd. investment to focus on additional integrated pork production and modernizing processing systems while adding 165 new jobs.

Hylife Ltd., a Manitoba-based pork processor, says it will invest CDN $125-million to modernize and expand its integrated pork production and processing systems which will add 165 new jobs over the next two to three years, according to president Claude Vielfaure.

He says that at least half of those new jobs will open up at its facility in Neepawa, where Hylife will also modernize and expand its pork processing facility, increasing it by 130,000 square feet to 310,000 square feet. Most of the additional labor will come from adding a second workshift.

Scheduled to begin construction late in 2016/early 2017, Hylife processes around 1.65 million pigs per year at the Neepawa facility. The facility handles about 80 percent of the company’s pork processing, with the remaining 20 percent contracted out.

Image purchased via www.fotloia.com.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Stories continue below

Print this page

Related Stories




Category Captains 2022
Machinery