Here are the 2021 Technology Excellence Awards winners
By PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing TechnologiesGeneral
PACK EXPO Las Vegas and Healthcare Packaging EXPO delivers industry’s best
Las Vegas, NV.; Sept. 29, 2021 — The winners of the 2021 Technology Excellence Awards at PACK EXPO Las Vegas and Healthcare Packaging EXPO (Sept. 27–29; Las Vegas Convention Center), owned and produced by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, are Canovation (Booth N-9612), P.E. Labellers (Booth C-3122) and Hiperbaric (Booth SL-6271)
After months of narrowing down over 100 qualified entries, two days of onsite voting allowed PACK EXPO Las Vegas and Healthcare Packaging EXPO attendees to be the ultimate judge of the most innovative new technologies at the show. Attendees are encouraged to visit the booths of these four winners of their respective categories to see these new and exciting materials and technologies firsthand.
“Congratulations to our winners and their outstanding technologies. It was a tough task to narrow down all the innovative entries that the panel received,” says Laura Thompson, vice president, trade shows, PMMI. “We are proud to continue to convene the best the industry has to offer and look forward to the Technology Excellence Awards growing stronger each year.”
The 2021 Technology Excellence Award Winners
Food and Beverage – CanReseal® Beverage
- Canovation, Booth N-9612
- CanReseal® is a revolutionary can end design that adds threading just below the ubiquitous double-seam. This allows a metal closure to be screwed into the top of the can to create an air and liquid tight seal.
General Packaging – Simpl-Cut®
- P.E. Labellers, Booth C-3122
- P.E. Labellers latest offering, Simpl-Cut®, is revolutionizing roll-fed labeling. This groundbreaking development solves two major weaknesses inherent in the design of traditional roll-fed labelers and has proven to offer exceptional performance and flexibility.
General Processing – HPP In-Bulk Technology
- Hiperbaric, Booth SL-6271
- Hiperbaric In-Bulk technology is a global innovation for the high-volume processing of HPP beverages. This range of equipment is based on a revolutionary concept (patent pending), in which beverages are processed in-bulk prior to bottling.
Personal Care/Pharmaceuticals – CanReseal® Personal are / Cannabis
- Canovation, Booth N-9612
- CanReseal® is a revolutionary can end design that adds threading just below the ubiquitous double-seam. This allows a child resistant closure to be screwed into the top of the can to create an air and liquid tight seal.
The Technology Excellence Awards Panelists are:
- Ronald Puvak, Executive Director, Contract Packaging Association
- Matt Reynolds, Editor, Packaging World
- Jane Chase, Executive Director, Institute of Packaging Professionals
- Tim Koers, Packaging Consultant
- Pat Reynolds, VP Editor Emeritus, Packaging World
This year’s PACK EXPO Las Vegas and Healthcare Packaging EXPO features over 1,500 exhibitors, world-class education and countless networking opportunities spread across four expansive halls at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
PACK EXPO Las Vegas and Healthcare Packaging EXPO is open now and runs through Wednesday, Sept. 29. Registration is available onsite or at packexpolasvegas.com and hcpelasvegas.com.
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, represents more than 900 North American manufacturers and suppliers of equipment, components and materials as well as providers of related equipment and services to the packaging and processing industry. We work to advance a variety of industries by connecting consumer goods companies with manufacturing solutions through the world-class PACK EXPO portfolio of trade shows, leading trade media and a wide range of resources to empower our members. The PACK EXPO trade shows unite the world of packaging and processing to advance the industries they serve: PACK EXPO International, PACK EXPO Las Vegas, Healthcare Packaging EXPO, PACK EXPO East, Enlace EXPO PACK, EXPO PACK México and EXPO PACK Guadalajara. PMMI Media Group connects manufacturers to the latest solutions, trends and innovations in packaging and processing year-round through brands including Packaging World, Automation World, Healthcare Packaging, Contract Packaging, ProFood World, Mundo PMMI and OEM. PMMI Business Drivers assist members in pursuing operational excellence through workforce development initiatives, deliver actionable business intelligence on economic, market and industry trends to support members’ growth strategies and actively connect the supply chain throughout the year.
Learn more at pmmi.org and packexpo.com and pmmimediagroup.com.
Print this page