Event Summary for 2019 CPMA Convention and Trade Show
Canadian PackagingGeneral 2019 Canadian Produce Marketing Association
CPMA thanks all sponsors, volunteers, exhibitors and attendees for making this event possible
The 2019 Canadian Produce Marketing Association Convention and Trade Show was a resounding success, exceeding the size of all past shows in Montreal. Exhibitors representing over 300 companies accounted for 53,500 square feet of booth space on the Trade Show floor. Among those were 143 international exhibitors, 132 Canadian exhibitors (including 30 exhibitors from Quebec), and 39 first-time exhibitors. The 2019 New Product Showcase included 54 products from 39 different companies.
CPMA would particularly like to congratulate the winners of this year’s awards. The following individuals and companies earned honours at this year’s event:
- CPMA Lifetime Achievement Award – Bernadette Hamel formerly of Metro Richelieu Inc.
- The Packer’s Produce Person of the Year Award – Les Mallard of Fyffes North America Inc.
- Mary Fitzgerald Award – Ryan Goad of Loblaw Companies
- CPMA Corporate Culture Award – Canadawide Fruit Wholesalers Inc.
- Fresh Health Award – EarthFresh
Best Booth Awards
- Best Island Booth Award – EarthFresh (booth 809)
- Best Inline Booth Award – Fresherized Foods (Wholly Guacamole) (booth 1621)
- Best First-Time Exhibitor Booth – Greenhouse (booth 1930)
- Best New Product Award – Caulilini Sweet Stem Cauliflower by Mann Packing Co. Inc.
- Freggie Approved Product Award – CuteCumber Poppers by Mucci Farms
- Packaging Innovation Award – “Zip Pop” Dual compartment Steam bag by Schur Star Systems Inc.
- Organics Award – SUNSET Organic Angel Sweet by Mastronardi Produce Ltd.
CPMA thanks all sponsors, volunteers, exhibitors and attendees for making this event possible and looks forward to welcoming everyone in Toronto, Ontario, from May 12th to 14th, 2020, to taste The Flavours of the World.