The Circular Economy or Spinning Our Wheels?
By Canadian Packaging staffGeneral Cascades Recovery Inc. City of Toronto Islington Golf Club Paper & Paperboard Environmental Council PPEC Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority The Circular Economy or Spinning Our Wheels? The Natural Step Walmart Canada
Annual PPEC seminar to tackle the new hot-button topic of the Circular Economy.
PPEC, the Paper & Paperboard Environmental Council is holding a special seminar entitled “The Circular Economy or Spinning Our Wheels?” on October 3, 2017 in Toronto.
The annual PPEC environmental event—this year held at the Islington Golf Club—recently added Walmart Canada sustainability manager Andrew Telfer.
Telfer leads the sustainability efforts for Walmart’s Canadian market and is a Walmart global sustainability leader.
Confirmed speakers at the event will discuss the hot subject of the new public policy approach called “Circular Economy” and try to determine what it means and how will it impact the paper industry.
Speakers at the event are:
- Chris Lindberg, director of the Ontario Circular Economy Innovation Lab at The Natural Step;
- Glenda Gies, chair of Ontario’s new Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority;
- Andrew Telfer, sustainability manager, Walmart Canada;
- Renée Dello, senior analyst, Waste Diversion with the City of Toronto;
- Al Metauro, chief executive officer of Cascades Recovery Inc.
With space limited to 100 registrants, sign-up can be found HERE.
Seminar – $119 +13% HST = $134.47
Table of six – $600 + 13% HST = $678
Seminar – $159 + 13% HST = $179.67.
All funds are in Canadian dollars.
More information on PPEC at www.ppec-paper.com.