Busch Canada turns 25
By Canadian Packaging StaffGeneral Anniversary Busch Vacuum Pumps and Systems Canada Busch Vacuum Technics The Bush Group
No bush league achievement for company and its 90 per cent market share of vacuum pumps in the food industry.
When Busch Vacuum Pumps and Systems Canada first began as a subsidiary of the highly successful German Busch Vacuum Technics, it was a very small operation housed in a basement of the founder and current president and chief executive officer Paul Wieser in Sherbrooke, Que.
Now celebrating 25 years as part of the global enterprise The Busch Group, Busch Canada employs over 50 people, including 17 professional engineers in a modern, 30,000-square-foot facility located in Boisbriand, Que. that houses a distribution center, service, design and does assembly performance. As well as the Canadian head office, it has established sales offices and service in Mississauga, Ont., Calgary and Vancouver.
To celebrate the anniversary, company co-founder of the German company, Ayhan Busch and her sons Sami and Kaya joined Wieser along with the presidents of subsidiaries Busch Germany, Switzerland, England, the Netherlands, the U.S. and Mexico, the Consul General of Switzerland in Montreal, Claude Duvoisin, and the mayor of Boisbriand, Marlene Cordato.
In Canada, the company has successfully established itself in a number of industrial sectors, in large part due to the Boisbriand team’s technological prowess and the reputation of Busch’s international network. The company notably enjoys a 90 per cent market share in vacuum pumps for the food industry, and has developed an unrivaled expertise in the design of refined mega air and vacuum systems in the medical sector. Not only is it today recognized as Busch’s worldwide center of excellence for medical vacuum and air systems, but has delivered 700 of these systems in hospitals in Canada, Algeria, Bermuda, the Bahamas and China. Half of Canada’s hospitals, in fact, are equipped with Busch systems.
Wieser took advantage of the platform represented by the company’s 25-year anniversary to pay tribute to the Busch family. He added a special thank-you to his colleagues, employees, customers, suppliers and everyone else who supported him in striving for excellence over the last quarter-century and made it possible for Busch Vacuum Technics to grow and prosper. “We will, in fact, soon be adding an extra 200-square-meters (2100-square feet) of space to our building in Boisbriand, which will be dedicated to the service department,” he says.
About The Busch Group
- Founded in 1963 by Dr.-Ing. Karl Busch and his wife Ayhan Busch to develop a new innovative vacuum pump which would better satisfy the needs of customers;
- 2200 employees;
- Broadest product range of vacuum pumps for industrial use. For vacuum and overpressure applications, Busch offers complete solutions through products, systems, and service;
- Headquartered in Maulburg, Germany, Busch contributes to the worldwide success of its customers with 55 companies in 38 countries and additional agencies in more than 30 countries;
- ISO 9001-certification production plants in Germany, Switzerland, U.K., The Czech Republic and the U.S.
- it’s products and services are utilized by a wide variety of industries, including: chemical, electrotechnical and electronic sectors, solar, semiconductors, composites, environmental, metallurgy, printing, pharmaceutical, plastics, textiles, wood and many more.
For more information, visit: Busch Vacuum Pumps and Systems Canada at www.busch.ca.