Bob Cockerill of Schawk Canada retires
Former PAC Chairman, and current board member retiring after 41 years in the graphics industry with Schawk.
February 6, 2015
by Canadian Packaging staff
As of February 6, 2015, former PAC chairman and current board member, Bob Cockerill of Schawk Canada Inc. has, after 41 years with the company, retired.
Cockerill has served many roles within the Schawk organization:
- president of Batten Graphics; member of Schawk’s Executive Management Team as executive vice-president;
- Schawk Global president, Schawk Canada;
- senior vice-president of SGK, the entity over all the Schawk competencies Anthem, Brand Image, Schawk Retail Marketing and Schawk Digital Services.
He has also been active in business acquisitions and mergers for Schawk over the years.
With in the packaging industry, Cockerill has served as:
- Chair, PAC;
- Governor, Board of Governors, Ryerson University;
- Advisor, Ryerson University, School of Graphic Communication Management;
- Board Member, IDEAlliance (formerly: International Prepress Association, IPA);
- Recognized by PrintAction as one of Canada’s 50 Most Influential People in Graphic Arts Industry;
- Trustee, Canadian Printing Industry Association;
- Board Member, Canadian Printing Industries Scholarship Trust Fund (CPISTF);
- Fund Raising; Heidelberg Centre, Ryerson University, School of Graphic Communications Management;
- Fund Raising; Recognized for Fund Raising Excellence, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation;
- Fund Raising; Canadian Flexographic Training Committee (CFTC);
- Sponsor, Ryerson University, School of Graphic Communications Management Scholarships;
- Guest Lecturer, Ryerson University, School of Graphic Communications Management.
With PAC, Cockerill was chair of the board and a key supporter of PAC NEXT when it was launched in August 2011.
Well-wishers can contact Cockerill via e-mail at email@example.com.