BC Company to acquire Biosynthesis Pharma Group
BC’s Isodiol International Inc. announces binding agreement to acquire Biosynthesis Pharma Group, including businesses in Hong Kong, China, Austria, Brazil and the UK.
December 29, 2017
by Canadian Packaging staff
VANCOUVER, BC—Isodiol International Inc., a global bioactive phytoceutical innovator specializing in the development of pharmaceutical and wellness products, has announced it has entered into a binding agreement to acquire the Biosynthesis Pharma Group (BSPG), an industry leading producer of industrial hemp, its derivatives and pharmaceutical compounds for use in the medicinal, nutraceutical, food, and cosmetic industries.
Through BSPG’s industrial-sized, proprietary extraction methodologies, BSPG produces high-purity, bioactive cannabinoids that are used in pharmaceutical applications to benefit those suffering from a range of life-threatening and non-life-threatening illnesses. BSPG is currently conducting clinical trials involving its product through strategic partnerships around the globe.
“It has been a part of Isodiol’s growth strategy to aggressively pursue international expansion.
Through this acquisition, the company is aligned to penetrate foreign markets particularly in the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia, South and Central America. We will broaden our product availability and make the most bioactive cannabinoid products available on a global scale. This acquisition puts us at the forefront of global cannabinoid clinical research and studies which will complement our current efforts in Brazil and other markets we are presently developing,” says Isodiol chief executive officer Marcos Agramont.
The BSPG acquisition includes multiple entities that are strategic to the future of Isodiol. Each of these entities is intended to have a distinct purpose within the Isodiol organization, whether it be defined by geography, applicable laws, or line of business. The entities include:
- Biosynthesis Pharma Group Limited (BSPG-HK): organized in Hong Kong and maintains a correspondent office in the United Kingdom. Isodiol is acquiring 100 percent of BSPG-HK.
- Trigal Pharma GmbH (TP-Austria): organized in Austria, TP-Austria’s business includes, but is not limited to, the handling of regulatory and governmental policies and supply of pharmaceutical-grade CBD to pharmacies in Europe. Isodiol is acquiring 100 percent of TP-Austria.
- Hankang (Yunnan) Biotech Co., Ltd. (HBTC-China): organized in The People’s Republic of China, HBTC-China’s business includes, but is not limited to, operating a facility approved by the Chinese government to grow hemp as well as extract and export CBD globally. China is the world’s largest producer of hemp and is the most significant supplier of raw hemp and fiber to the United States. Isodiol is acquiring percent of HBTC-China.
- BSPG Laboratories Limited (BSPGL-UK): organized in the United Kingdom, BSPGL-UK’s business includes, but is not limited to, operating a facility that refines the CBD molecule to a purity of 99.5% + that is pharmaceutical-grade, THC-Free and highly bioactive. Isodiol is acquiring 100 percent of BSPGL-UK.
- Pure CBD Limited (PURE-UK): organized in the United Kingdom, PURE-UK supplies pharmaceutical products under the specials category with the approval of the National Health Service. Isodiol is acquiring 100 percent of PURE-UK.
- Purodiol Limited (PUR-UK): organized in the United Kingdom, PUR-UK manufactures pharmaceutical products under the brand name Purodiol. Isodiol is acquiring 100 percent of PUR-UK.
- Purodiol Do Brasil Ltda (PUR-Brazil): organized in Brazil, PUR-Brazil supplies Purodiol pharmaceutical products under ANVISA regulations to patients in Brazil and is currently involved in multiple clinical studies and trials. Isodiol is acquiring 99 percent of PUR-Brazil.
The company will acquire BSPG for US$12,500,000 to be paid out over 12 months and stock compensation in the amount of US$37,000,000 based on the closing price on December 15, 2017. The stock issuance will be subject to a 36-month escrow leak out period. Additional milestone payments are anticipated to be paid and shall be disclosed upon the closing of this transaction. The milestones have been withheld to protect proprietary and intellectual property that is in final stages of development and implementation. The Company will not be assuming any debt as a part of this transaction. The closing of this transaction will happen on or before April 1, 2018, and is All web properties of BSPG have been put on hiatus for the moment and will be released in the very near future.
About Isodiol International Inc.
Isodiol International Inc. is a market leader in pharmaceutical grade phytochemical compounds and the industry leader in the manufacturing and development of phytoceutical consumer products.
Isodiol is the pioneer of many firsts for the cannabis industry including commercialization of 99%+ pure, bioactive pharmaceutical grade cannabinoids, micro-encapsulations, and nanotechnology for the highest quality consumable and topical skin care products.
Isodiol’s growth strategy includes the development of over-the-counter and pharmaceutical drugs, expanding its phytoceutical portfolio and will aggressively continue international expansion into Latin America, Asia, and Europe.
For more information on Isodiol, please visit www.isodiol.com.