Acquisitions this week
A brief mention of company mergers and acquisitions during this week…
August 18, 2015
by Canadian Packaging staff
Here are some of the packaging industry acquisitions from the past week:
- DS Healthcare Group, Inc. has announced it has entered into definitive acquisition agreements to acquire 100 percent of the capital stock of privately held WR Group, Inc., and its affiliate. The combined business expects to attain ~$65 million in annual revenues and $10 million in EBITDA from over 20 countries, 900 unique and diversified products, and a broad range of personal care categories.
- NBTY, Inc., a global leader in vitamins, nutritional supplements and sports nutrition, has entered into an agreement to acquire Dr. Organic, a leading naturally inspired skincare line in the U.K. The deal is subject to customary closing conditions, and is expected to close later this year.
- Maxcess, a global leader in innovative products and services for the web handling industry, has signed a purchase agreement to acquire Valley Roller Company. Headquartered in Appleton, WI, with a second state-of-the-art facility in Mansfield, TX, Valley Roller Company joins Webex, Fife, Tidland and MAGPOWR under the Bertram Capital-owned Maxcess International Corporation umbrella. Valley Roller Company leverages more than 30 years as an industry leader in the North American roller business with advanced capabilities in rubber covered rolls serving a wide variety of industries, not limited to pulp and paper, tissue, converting, plastics, coating and laminating.
- H.I.G. Europe, the European arm of global private equity firm H.I.G. Capital, has completed the sale of its portfolio company AR Metallizing to Nissha Printing Co., Ltd. AR Metallizing is a global market leader in the manufacturing of metalized paper for use in the food, beverage and consumer packaging goods industries, serving its customer base from three manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Italy and the U.S.
- Dufry closed the acquisition of the 50.1 percent stake of World Duty Free S.p.A (WDF) from Edizione S.r.L for €1.31 billion (~CDN$1.877 billion). The combination with WDF will further enhance Dufry’s global position in the travel retail industry with a market share of approx. 24 percent in airport retail globally. The combined entity will comprise a geographically diversified concession portfolio with operations in 62 countries and close to 400 locations, providing a balanced exposure to developed and emerging markets and spanning across all five continents.