2021 CPMA Convention and Trade Show kicks off today
April 13, 2021 (Ottawa, ON) – The 2021 Canadian Produce Marketing Association’s (CPMA) 95th Convention and Trade Show, Fresh Week, will be held virtually this week. The show officially kicks off today at 1:00 pm EDT with a live keynote address from Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, a medical doctor and Super Bowl champion who plays for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Fresh Week’s program will feature sessions designed to provide industry members with networking, business development, and educational opportunities including:
- CEO Spotlight Fireside Chats – Three Canada’s top CEOs, Paul Wood, President and CEO of Giant Tiger Stores Limited, Randy White, President of Sysco Canada, and Darrell Jones, President of Save-On-Foods will share their insights on leadership in the fruit and vegetable sector and participate in leadership roundtable discussions with other industry leaders and experts.
- Town Hall Discussions – Experts will explore current hot topics impacting the industry including the future of foodservice and increasing online sales.
- Expo Hub – Fresh Week’s Expo Hub is hosting over 170 exhibitors from Canada and international.
- Learning Lounges – Each day will feature concurrent education sessions that will be presented in pre-recorded format. Speakers will be available to answer questions via live chat.
- Keynote address on Consumer Insights – Industry members will be invited to participate in a three-part poll on the impact of the pandemic on consumer behaviour. The results will be presented on Friday, April 16 by Abacus CEO, David Coletto, who will also offer insights on their relevance to the produce industry.
While the show is already live, registration will remain open throughout the week for industry members who haven’t registered to do so at any time. To learn more about Fresh Week and register for free, visit https://convention.cpma.ca/home.
About the Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA):
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, CPMA is a not-for-profit organization that represents a diverse membership made up of every segment of the produce industry supply chain who are responsible for 90% of the fresh fruit and vegetable sales in Canada. CPMA is fortunate to represent a sector that is both a significant economic driver for communities and that also improves the health and productivity of Canadians.