Peel Region MRF Plant Tour
Discover how two hours can change your perception on waste management.
October 26, 2016
by Canadian Packaging staff
Partnering with Peel Region, PAC Packaging Consortium is organizing a tour of the Peel Integrated Waste Management Facility (PIWMF), the largest such facility in Canada, on December 1, 2016.
The facility houses:
- a single stream Material Recovery Facility (MRF) where recyclable materials are sorted;
- a waste transfer station
- an organics composting plant for yard waste and green bin organics processing.
The material recovery facility has a capacity to process 130,000 tonnes of Blue Box material per year;
The organics composting plant can process 60,000 tonnes of organic material annually.
Come see and hear:
- The facility & implications/influences of packaging;
- What happens at the facility? ;
- Good/bad “recyclable” packaging examples;
- What happens to the packaging materials that are recyclable?;
- What happens to garbage after collection? ;
- What happens to green bin organics after curbside collection?
- What happens to products or packaging that is “compostable”?
- Attendees are required to wear long pants (no leather), and Green Patch safety boots/shoes.
- If you have your own hard hat, vest, safety glasses, and Green Patch safety boots/shoes please bring.
- Hosting companies have the right to allow or deny participation on plant tours.
- You must pre-register to attend. No walk-ins will be permitted.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
9:30 a.m. – Registration & Light refreshments
9:45 a.m. – Presentation & tour
12:00 p.m – Adjournment
12:30 p.m. – Registration & Light refreshments
12:45 p.m. – Presentation & tour
3:00 p.m – Adjournment
7795 Torbram Road, Brampton
Education Room, 2nd floor (west end)
Register in Canadian Funds – REGISTER
Register in US Funds – REGISTER
Join over 2,200 North American members that benefit from the vast networking opportunities through PAC’s wide range of competitions, educational activities and events. PAC, Packaging Consortium is a not-for-profit corporation serving as a vital partner and catalyst for the packaging value chain for over 65 years. More information at www.paca.ca.