Paper Facts & Fiction
PPEC to offer seminar discussing what's what and what's not at symposium about paper.
August 7, 2014
by Canadian Packaging Staff
PPEC, the Paper and Paperboard Packaging Environmental Council who represent the Canadian paper packaging industry on environmental issues, is sponsoring a half-day event at the Brampton Golf Club on November 12, 2014, discussing Paper Facts & Fiction.
State-of-the-Nation on Paper Packaging in Canada, by PPEC executive director John Mullinder.
- What are the most important environmental & sustainability issues facing industry today?
- What is the industry doing about them?
Designing Packaging with the Environment in Mind, by Cascades Recovery vice-president of operations Dan Lantz.
- What package designers need to know so packaging can be successfully recovered for further recycling.
- Update on BC’s new 100 per cent industry-funded printed paper & packaging program.
Corrugated Vs Plastic Crates, by Fibre Box Association president Dennis Colley, presenting findings from two recent life cycle analysis reports:
- corrugated boxes;
- corrugated vs plastic crates.
November 12, 2014
Brampton Golf Club
7700 Kennedy Road
Brampton, ON, L6W 0A1
Registration & Full Breakfast: 7:45AM – 8:45AM
Program: 8:45AM – 11:45AM
Image from Wikimedia Commons, photographed by Jonathan Joseph Bondhus.