Pack Expo partners with associations to pack more punch
North America's largest processing and packaging show promises to deliver education, innovation and networking opportunities.
September 1, 2011
by Canadian Packaging Staff
In an effort to bring even more value to the attendee, Pack Expo Las Vegas 2011 is collaborating with several industry associations. The show, to be held September 26-28, 2011 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, is the most comprehensive processing and packaging tradeshow in North America.
“While brand owners are always in need of innovation that enhances their operations or gives them the edge at the point-of-sale, we recognize that they have limited time and resources to source solutions,” states Charles D. Yuska, president & chief executive officer of the Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI). “By partnering with associations across the supply chain, PACK EXPO Las Vegas will make it easy for attendees in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and cosmetic/personal care sectors to find the processing and packaging technologies they need in a single location and in just a few days.”
Some of the events taking place in and around the Las Vegas Convention Center during the show include:
- The Association for Automatic Identification and Mobility (AIM) will hold AIM Expo, a conference and trade show highlighting issues and trends in barcoding, RFID (radio frequency identification) and enterprise mobile computing at the Las Vegas Hilton from Sept. 26-28. AIM’s conference program, which includes a packaging track, will run all three days from 9:00 AM – 1PM. Full conference registration includes access to all AIM Expo conference sessions, plus the AIM Expo and PACK EXPO Las Vegas exhibit halls.
- The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA)’s Annual Business Conference will be held at the MGM Hotel from Sept. 26-30. Education sessions will be held from Sept. 27-29, with the tabletop exhibits open from 1:15 pm – 6:00 pm on Sept. 28. All IBWA convention registrants will receive complimentary registration to the PACK EXPO Las Vegas exhibits. Shuttle buses will run between the MGM Grand and the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Converting & Package Printing EXPO (CPP EXPO) will co-locate with PACK EXPO Las Vegas, occupying about 20,000 net square feet of space in the Lower South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. There, attendees will find the latest in printing, coating, slitting and other modern finishing processes. CPP EXPO will also provide programming for the Conference at PACK EXPO.
- The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) will sponsor the Reusable Packaging Pavilion at PACK EXPO Las Vegas. Located on the lower level of the South Hall, attendees will find solutions to enhance operations sustainability such as reusable pallets, hand-held containers, bulk containers, dunnage, technology and other services. RPA will also contribute two sessions to the sustainability track at the conference at PACK EXPO and host a networking reception for members and invited guests at 4 PM on September 26.
- Leading subject matter experts at the Food Safety Summit Resource Center (Booth #6635) will help manufacturers and processors respond to the many challenges they face on the job. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the latest breakthroughs in food safety and gain valuable insight into potential solutions.
- The National Confectioners Association (NCA) will sponsor The Confectionery Pavilion, featuring 15,000-square-feet of innovations to answer the processing and packaging challenges of candy manufacturers. Among the solutions will be technologies to enhance equipment flexibility, reduce changeover time, maximize consumer convenience and guarantee freshness.
- The Candy Bar, a special industry-focused lounge, will be located within The Confectionery Pavilion and include an educational “Ask the Expert” feature where attendees can seek advice from industry experts on confectionery-related challenges in packaging and processing. A special reception will be held in The Candy Bar on Monday, September 26 at 3:30 PM to offer attendees an additional networking opportunity.
- The Snack Food Association (SFA) will endorse The Baking and Snack Break, a dedicated lounge for baking and snack processionals. Located in the South Hall’s upper level, The Baking and Snack Break will allow attendees to network with their peers and engage in further dialogue with suppliers, helping them find the solutions they need quickly and efficiently. The lounge will also include an “Ask the Expert” feature staffed by the SFA where attendees can seek advice from industry experts on baking and snack-related challenges in processing and packaging.The Baking and Snack Break will host its own networking reception on Monday, September 26. In addition to being endorsed by the SFA, the Baking and Snack Break is being sponsored by Kliklok-Woodman, Yamato Corporation and BluePrint Automation.
PMMI is a trade association of 560-plus member companies that manufacture packaging, processing and related converting machinery in the U.S. or Canada; machinery components and packaging containers and materials. PMMI’s vision is to be the leading global resource for packaging, and its mission is to improve and promote members’ abilities to meet the needs of their customers.PMMI organizes the PACK EXPO trade shows: PACK EXPO International, PACK EXPO Las Vegas and EXPO PACK México, connecting participants in the packaging and processing supply chain with their customers around the world.
Learn more about PMMI and the PACK EXPO trade shows at www.PMMI.org and www.packexpo.com.