How Green Is Your Customer?
PPEC annual environmental event brings a panel of leading retailers and brand owners discussing what they want the paper and paperboard industry to do for them.
October 26, 2016
by Canadian Packaging staff
November 1, 2016 is the date to mark on your calendar to participate in PPEC’s (Paper & Paperboard Packaging Environmental Council) annual environmental event.
The theme of this year’s event is: How Green Is Your Customer?, and features a panel of leading retailers and brand owners discussing what they are doing in the sustainability/environmental field, and, perhaps more importantly, telling the paper and paperboard industry just what they expect of it.
Panelists will be announced soon.
The event will also take a look at who the customer of the future will be and what they will likely want. John Wright, formerly of Ipsos Reid, will outline the changing demographic patterns of Canada and what’s likely to drive future Canadian purchasing decisions.
Other speakers at the event are:
- Scott Tudor, director of sustainability for Sobeys. He with responsible product sourcing, private label packaging, and stewardship issues.
- John Coyne, vice-president of Unilever Canada. Coyne is heavily involved with corporate sustainability issues and with customer organizations such as the Canadian Steward Services Alliance and Stewardship Ontario.
- Dave Boles, president of Atlantic Packaging. He will give an industry supplier perspective: What do our customers’ expect? What do we need to deliver?
To add further value, the PPEC event will also provide updates on current Canadian and U.S. environmental issues impacting the industry by:
- Brian O’Banion, vice-president, (US) Fibre Box Association, and;
- John Mullinder, executive director of PPEC.
To register for updates on PPEC’s annual environmental event—How Green Is Your Customer?—November 1, 2016 at the Islington Golf Club in Etobicoke, Ont., Canada, click HERE.
Image above purchased via www.fotolia.com.