German machinery manufacturing conference
Conference sponsored by the CGCIC spotlights German innovation in food processing and packaging machinery.
June 11, 2013
by Canadian Packaging Staff
On June 19, 2013 at Conestoga College in Cambridge, Ont., the Canadian German Chamber of Industry and Commerce Inc. is sponsoring a full day’s conference on Machinery Made in German – Innovation in Food Processing & Packaging.
The event will offer presentations and discussions on German engineering and machinery as it relates to the food processing and packaging industries, and features such participating companies as: Astor, Gustav Obermayer, Meypack, Rewinkel & Woesner, Stambera, Festo, Multivac, Krones, Schubert Packaging, Schmalz Vacuum Technology, and Woltersdorf.
8:30AM – Breakfast & Registration
9:00AM – Welcome by CGCIC / Conestoga College
9:15 AM – Presentation on German Machinery Manufacturing by Willy Forstner, Industry Segment Manager, Food & Pharma, Festo Inc.
10:00 AM – Presentation on Innovation in Food Processing & Packaging by Nestor Plawiuk, President, Multivac Canada
10:45 AM – Break
11:15 AM – Company presentations (with Q&A):
- STAMBERA Verpackungsmaschinen GmbH
- Meypack Verpackungssystemtechnik GmbH
- Gustav Obermeyer GmbH & Co. KG
12:15 PM – Lunch
1:15 PM – Company presentations (with Q&A):
- ASTOR Schneidwerkzeuge GmbH
- Rewinkel & Woesner Ingenieurgesellschaft GmbH
- WOLTERSDORF Schweißmaschinen GmbH
2:30 PM – Break
3:00 PM – Panel Discussion on Innovation through German Machinery, presented by:
- Stephen Dean, Senior Publisher, Canadian Packaging
- Sebastian Delgado, General Manager & VP of Sales Canada, Krones Machinery
- Fritz Kipfer, Managing Director, Schubert Packaging
- Rick Sauer, General Manager, Schmalz Vacuum Technology
- Nestor Plawiuk, President, Multivac Canada
4:00 PM – Closing Remarks
4:15 PM – Networking and Individual Meetings
Light snacks will be provided.