Flexible packaging workshop and tour of Tempo Plastics
PAC hosting tour of premier Canadian flexible plastic packaging manufacturer on April 28, 2016.
April 19, 2016
by Canadian Packaging staff
Join your fellow industry members on April 28, 2016 to learn more about flexible packaging from industry experts, and to get an inside look at Tempo Plastics.
What will you see at Tempo Plastics?
A completely vertically integrated 100,000 square foot Flexible Packaging Facility that includes:
- Blown Film Polyethylene Extrusion;
- State-of-the-Art Wide Web Flexographic Printing & Polymer Plate Mounting;
- Solventless Lamination required for multilayer lamination packaging;
- Slitting for Form Fill and Seal Applications;
- Various Pouch formats including the popular Stand up pouch with Press to Close Zipper
Workshop and Tour led by:
- Jim Lush,
Business Development Manager, Celplast Packaging Systems Limited
Flexible Packaging: Films and Barrier
During the discussion we will review various film types with a strong focus on barrier performance and functionality.
- Leonardo Giglio,
Vice President Marketing,
Flexible Packaging – Solutions in the Making at Tempo Plastics
An overview of the processes involved in making the most popular flexible packaging options and the key considerations to optimizing your ideal flexible packaging solution.
- Dave Faris Yousif,
Reclay Steward Edge
Flexible film packaging is a large component of both the consumer-packaging and industrial, commercial, and institutional discard streams. Currently, only PE based plastic film packaging is commonly recycled. The presentation would explore the current flexible plastic film packaging trends and some of the opportunities, costs, and challenges associated with the diversion of all flexible films generated in the residential waste stream.
Thursday, April 28, 2016
9:00 am – 9:30 am – Registration and Breakfast
9:30 am – 10:30 am – Seminar
10:30 am- 10:45 am – Speaker Panel Questions and Discussion
10:45 am – 11:00 am – Break
11:00 am – 11:45 am – TourTe
11:45 am – 12:00 pm – Questions and Wrap up
2237 Industrial Park Road
Innisfil, ON L9S 3V9
plus applicable taxes
- Companies hosting plant tours have the exclusive right to allow or deny participation in the plant tour.
- Flat, closed toe shoes must be worn to participate on plant tour.
For more information:
Education Manager and Event Coordinator
PAC, Packaging Consortium