PACK EXPO East 2020 Brings Cutting-Edge Technologies and Insights to the Northeast
Canadian PackagingDesign & Innovation Case Packing Coding & Labeling Design Palletizing Robotics PACK EXPO East PMMI The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies
PACK EXPO East will unite over 400 exhibitors and more than 7,000 industry professionals
To meet the needs of regional manufacturers, PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, will bring PACK EXPO East (March 3-5, 2020; Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia) to the City of Brotherly Love. This represents the fourth iteration of the trade show that brings world-class packaging solutions to roughly one-third of the nation’s top CPGs located within 200 miles or less of Philadelphia.
PACK EXPO East will unite over 400 exhibitors and more than 7,000 industry professionals spanning its 100,000 net square feet of exhibit space. Attendees and exhibitors can expect to address challenges driving the food, beverage, cannabis, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, personal care, medical device, industrial and household chemical, and other packaged goods industries. The show will be a resource for solutions and insights to improve the sustainability, efficiency, productivity and security of the manufacturing supply chain.
PACK EXPO East’s variety of educational opportunities and targeted features will guide attendees to the suppliers and information they need:
- The Forum at PACK EXPO: The Forum (Booth 1430) will feature 45-minute open sessions on the latest industry trends by the OpX Leadership Network, Institute of Packaging Professionals, Contract Packagers Association and PMMI Business Intelligence followed by small group breakout sessions and Q&A sessions.
- The Innovation Stage: The Innovation Stage (Booth 1029) will feature free, 30-minute educational sessions by exhibitors, offering ample opportunity for attendees to learn about breakthrough technologies, innovative applications and proven approaches from the experts first-hand.
- Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network (PPWLN) Breakfast: PACK EXPO East will convene the PPWLN on Wednesday, March 4, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in room 119AB at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Keynote speakers will address the “power of parity” and how to fast-track gender equality through investment strategies. RSVP (required) here.
- Connect with Future Leaders: PACK EXPO East provides programs and activities aimed at getting students excited about careers in packaging.
- CareerLink LIVE
CareerLink LIVE, PMMI’s online job board, provides an opportunity for PMMI members and consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies to meet with students and veterans pursuing careers in packaging and processing during one-on-one informational interviews. Interviews will take place at the show on Wednesday, March 4, from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. EST in Room 120A.
- Future Innovators Robotics Showcase
Robotics teams from Philadelphia-area high schools bring in robots they have designed and built themselves and show them in action.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, March 3-4; 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 5; 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at
- Located at the end of aisle 700
- The Workforce Development Pavilion: Attendees can visit this one-stop-shop for resources to strengthen and grow the manufacturing workforce. PMMI is also offering popular PMMI U training workshops at PACK EXPO East including:
- Certified Trainer Workshop – March 3-4, 2020: PMMI’s Certified Trainer Workshops will equip your company with strategies and tactics to train across all employee skill levels. Located in room 116 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Fundamentals of Field Service– March 3-4, 2020: This two-day workshop explores non-technical knowledge and skills needed to be a great technician. Topics include: Customer Service, Troubleshooting, Environmental Issues, Safety, Training and Service Call Follow Up. Located in room 115A from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Contract Packaging Sourcing Center: Hosted by CPA, The Association for Contract Packagers and Manufacturers, this show floor resource will help visitors address their contract packaging needs and offer solutions to their most challenging problems.
- Tools to Enhance Your Show Experience:
Navigate the show like a pro with the free PACK EXPO East Mobile App as well as My Show Planner.
Explore just a few of the innovations you can expect to see on the show floor:
Innovative Industrial Inkjet Printer Offers Greater Reliability and Versatility
New at PACK EXPO East, Kirk-Rudy, Inc. (Booth #926) will debut the latest addition to its lineup of high-quality, industrial inkjet printers. The FireJet 4C is a pigment-based aqueous printing system engineered to deliver increased speed and improved image quality at a low cost. Using Memjet’s new DuraFlex technology, the FireJet 4C is an all-in-one printing system that combines heavy-duty transport, along with the printing quality, reliability and simplicity. The versatility and performance of the FireJet 4C allows end users to print in-house products such as small flat folded boxes, corrugated cardboard, gift bags, napkins, and bubble mailers as well as literature, cards, or any flat product with porous or inkjet coated surfaces in full color.
High-Speed Cartoning Technology Reduces Footprint and Increases Efficiency
Making its debut at PACK EXPO East, AFA Systems Ltd. (Booth #1722) will introduce a case packer that runs 75 cases per minute with an updated standard barrel cam loading technology to pack cases continuously. The cartoning technology also seamlessly integrates with depalletizing case systems. This can alleviate issues for operators who find it difficult to continually fill heavy case stacks during eight-hour shifts, thereby increasing overall efficiency. The design of the horizontal continuous motion case packer solution also requires less overall floor space compared to competing technologies.
E-commerce Packaging Solution Minimizes Misplaced Product Errors
Unique to other E-commerce packaging solutions, the 3322 E-commerce Machine by Texwrap (Booth #1408) offers a proprietary product tracking feature that helps prevent errors relating to product that is removed or misplaced from a line. Unlike technologies that rely on manual error detection, the 3322 uses a series of photo eye tracking and verifications to reduce errors. Its system of verifications helps prevent errors by alerting the operator when there is a discrepancy. After a product is detected by the initial photo eye, the system recognizes the product position is incorrect and subsequently alarms and haults the system. This prevents the wrong labels from being applied to all the subsequent packages.
Register for PACK EXPO East today at www.packexpoeast.com. Registration is $30 through Feb. 7 after which the price increases to $100. For more information and to register online, visit www.packexpoeast.com. For resources pertaining to specific vertical industries, click here.
Print this page