July 21, 2010
by Canadian Packaging Staff
Business Development Advisory (BDA) has released a new 96-page study of the North American packaging papers market.
The North American Packaging Paper Study and Opportunity Assessment forecasts that the NA packaging papers market will increase just under one per cent annually through 2014.
This first ever study takes a new look at the category and breaks it down into 10 major paper application categories and nine market/product segments. In all, the study segments the total volume across over 100 sub-segments and provides individual forecasts and analyzes of major trends and developments that drive demand.
The study uses 2009 as the base year and includes projections to 2014 and historical perspective from 2004. The primary focus is on the US/NA market with particular emphasis on paper—based packaging materials.
The scope of report’s analysis includes the following:
• Demand and growth trends by segment (2004, 2009, 2014);
• Demand drivers and reducers by segment;
• Current/emerging technologies and market developments;
• Major opportunities and threats by segment;
• Competitor shares by segment;
• Major processes, paper grades, and fibers employed;
• Price levels by grade and application
• Supply chain implications and conclusions.
To read the report, click HERE.