New high-bond 2-sided foam tape from Essentra
By Canadian Packaging StaffAutomation Case Packing Duraco High Bond Tape Essentra Specialty Tapes foam core tape
Essentra's new Duraco tape provides permanent bond and high shear strength.
Forest Park, IL—Essentra Specialty Tapes (formerly Duraco Inc. and Duraco Express) introduces Duraco High Bond Tape, a permanent foam core tape, a double-sided tape designed for applications where a strong adhesive bond or high shear strength is desired.
Its permanent bond is tamper-resistant and ideally suited for a variety of high stress applications:
- Alternative to mechanical fasteners: This tape is a superior replacement for mechanical fasteners (i.e., screws, rivets and bolts) used to attach decorative panels to a structure or frame, as with white goods and other appliances. It is quicker and easier to apply Duraco High Bond tape to a frame and attach a panel, than to install fasteners. Duraco High Bond also achieves a much cleaner aesthetic, as there are no dimples, welds or other unsightly surface discontinuities that result from mechanical fasteners.
- Temperature extremes: High Bond has a service temperature range of -20°F to +300°F, and can maintain its properties at much higher temperatures than other foam tapes.
- Clarity: Duraco High Bond offers a unique clear foam tape that allows it to bond to glass or clear plastics while not being as noticeable as most foam tapes.
Due to the advantages of using High Bond tape as an alternative to mechanical fasteners, it provides an ideal fastening solution for a variety of OEMs, but most especially for manufacturers of consumer and commercial appliances.
It is also well suited for the assembly of mechanical systems, such as HVAC, where High Bond can replace mechanical fasteners and welding in the assembly of heating and air conditioning units. High Bond can also be used to attach mirrors, metal panels and name plates, such as those used on autos, as well as for LCD displays, hand-held electronics and data enclosures; for seamless banner assembly and sign installation; bonding dissimilar metals, and many other applications.
High Bond Tape also has unique shock absorption and vibration dampening properties.
Duraco High Bond Tape is offered in clear, white, gray and black colors. It is available in continuous length rolls and in pre-cut pieces on a roll.
For a competitive advantage, Essentra Specialty Tapes maintains a strong stock position with its Duraco High Bond Tape products, including pre-cut pieces on a roll.
Product inventory is maintained at seven distribution centers located throughout the U.S. These regional centers provide quick and local access to products, including same day shipments.
Duraco High Bond Tape is offered in a large variety of:
- Thicknesses, from .010 to .120-inches (in a greater variety than any other tape brand);
- Widths, from 0.5 to one-inch;
- Lengths, from one to four-inches for pre-cut pieces on a roll, and 39- to 432-feet for continuous rolls.
For more information on High Bond Permanent Foam Tapes, visit www.essentraspecialtytapes.com/high-bond-tapes.